The Maritime CIO Forum on March 27th 2018 in Cyprus will highlight how digitalisation is really re-shaping the shipping sector and creating increased opportunity for development and innovation.
Revolutionary concepts, plus the evolution and advancement of existing platforms, are providing unparalleled growth opportunities for shipping (including related transport and supply chain infrastructure). However, achieving digital success requires knowledge, and understanding, and an ability to drive your company’s digital thinking and transformation rather than be driven by it.
The Maritime CIO Forum in Cyprus will bring experts together to look at where we are at and where we should be headed, and how to use innovation to drive efficiency and differentiation.
Sessions will include:
- The Maritime Satcom Summit – Investigating the evolution of maritime mobility and connectivity
- Blockchain and its Impact on the Maritime Industry – How will Blockchain streamline trade and transport?
- Harnessing Cyber Resilience and Managing Risk – A look at maritime cyber security, safety and risk
- The iShipping Revolution – Redefining Digitalisation in Maritime
Speakers and Panellists confirmed to participate include:
- Barbara Bersani, Head of Sales ESMEA, Marlink
- Gerbrand Schalkwijk, Deputy President & COO, Inmarsat Maritime
- Manuel Valero, Sales Manager, Telenor Satellite
- Ken Munro, Security Entrepreneur & Writer, Pen Test Partners
- Piera Di Vito, Technical Officer, European Space Agency
- Rear Admiral Nick Lambert, Director, NLA, Former UK National Hydrographer
- Stein Are Hansen, Intelligence & Operations Centre (IOC), Norwegian Shipowners’ Mutual War Risks Insurance Association
- Takis Falidouris, Manager, Marlink
- Rob O’Dwyer, Editor, Digital Ship
ABOUT DIGITAL SHIP
For 18 years Digital Ship magazine has provided the digital community of the world’s maritime industry with the latest news and developments, including satellite communications, software, navigation and electronics, to help keep shipping operating with maximum safety, efficiency and crew comfort.
Cathy Hodge, Event Director, Digital Ship